Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Stitched Journal Project - December

The Stitched Journal Project is: Makers from around the world creating one "page" or piece of work per month and sharing. It is a project to get the ideas flowing, to process the days in a creative way, to try new techniques and to push past fears that keep us from making something.  It isn't about perfection, or getting it "just right," it is about process and perspective.


December - Mixed Media on hand dyed fabric

Wow! What a year. What an amazing journey The Stitched Journal Project has been! This is the last in a year long series of monthly pieces of work. I am so grateful that this project took flight and that so many wonderful makers have joined in and shared their work. 

Thank you all for participating in my small idea that grew into more than I could have imagined. Those of you who pushed yourselves, who were brave, who had fun, who shared so much of yourselves. I have learned so much from you! I have been greatly inspired. If you should choose to continue this project on your own, please be sure to let everyone know. You are fantastic artists all!


As for myself, I gleaned so much from this project; I was so often surprised by how my pieces came about and turned out. I can honestly say that I pushed myself and found a new way to express myself through stitching and mixed media.  This project became a really important part of my work and has changed my perspective without a doubt.

Thank you  too readers, for coming along on this journey with us.

Next month I'll share a gallery post of all of the 12 pieces as a body of work.

Below you will find links to the wonderful makers and their Stitched Journal Project pieces for December. Please keep your eyes on this spot in the next couple of days as more add their links. Be sure to visit them and leave comments!

This is the last of The Stitched Journal Projects that I will be hosting. 2014 was quite a year. I look forward to what 2015 will bring.

All of you wonderful Stitched Journal Project participants please link up below! Remember to add your photos to The Stitched Journal Flickr Group! and be sure to share with Facebook, Twitter, etc!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked so much to participate in the project!At the beginning of the year I was thinking that I would want to start a series of embroideries, but kept postponing it. I really needed such an inspiring place to start! Thank you!I will certainly continue doing it in 2015.

Anonymous said...

I love your December piece Thanks so much for inspiring me to start to express myself through stitch. I didn't manage a piece this month, life just ran away with me. Happy New Year, and keep creating!