Wednesday, November 5, 2014

3 Easy Pieces

Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it's done right. Even a pancake. - Julia Child



Recently, Pony Girl started attending a cooking class. Oh man, what a great thing! She loves it and comes home so excited to tell me all about what they have made that week. She tells me all the the ingredients they used and how they prepared the food. 
It has even sparked a new trend of her and I cooking together with me teaching her some of the classics. Our lesson on French Toast was a delicious success!

My girl told me she needed me to sew an apron for her, "something special," she said. "Of course," says I! I had just the inspiration, this little vintage apron needed recreating Pony Girl style. The apron is just 3 easy pieces, plus straps and handy dandy pockets.

Basically, I sort of simply traced the lines of the the original pieces along the seams. One center piece and one side piece that you cut twice from the fabric. Then I made adjustments in width and length to fit my girl and added seam allowances.


Since I was at it, why not make it reversible? 2 aprons in one is the best! So, happy retro polka dots on one side, and cheerful hibiscus and hula girls on the other.


Yes, an apron with plenty of drama... just like my girl! I love her new passion for cooking and I'm looking forward to many years of spending time together in the kitchen! 





4 comments:

Ashley cramp said...

That is the sweetest apron ever, I hope you will share some of her culinary creations too?
I love your images so dreamy...x
d x

june at noon said...

What a fun reason to need to make something! It's super cute, and I'm sure it's adorable on your little chef!

Frances said...

That's one fabulous apron,,,or rather two fabulous aprons in one!

How lovely to encourage your girl's kitchen enthusiasm with this colorful creation. Bravo. xo

Annie Cholewa said...

Now that is a very stylish apron, perfect for a stylish young cook :)