Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Flying and Falling


Or should that be; Flying into Fall?

It's been all about the start of school, which is always a little crazy and full of meetings with teachers and paperwork and explanations and referrals. That gorgeous kid in the picture is in a new grade, in a new school and doing great.  The early mornings are a bit rough, but we are settling into routine.

There is also a heap of falling food. I mean literally, there is food falling from the sky, ok, actually from our trees and I'm racing to process it all for the winter before it goes to mush on the ground. Our exceptionally warm Summer has put all the fruit into overdrive.

And well, there are 100 other little things going on that might explain my absence from this place. I'm ready to come back though. I'm ready to do some nesting at home and get back to my work. So bring on Fall (or Autumn whichever you prefer)!

Are you ready for the change of seasons?


4 comments:

chriswreckage said...

Very much ready for change. All kinds of change!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh no...don't go summer!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about falling food, I have an avalanche of plums! Trying to hang onto summer still, not quite ready for the change to Autumn. Your girl looks gorgeous,good luck in the new term.

Jennifer Hays said...

I am so ready. And I'm actually kind of ready to stop using my falling food, the good ones are mostly gone now. But it was lovely while it lasted. Best wishes to your girl in her new situation.